Kale's Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/15/2018 1:22 pm  #1

Excel Tips

The following tips may come in handy in editing spreadsheets. They are written specifically for Excel, however, most commands can be used in similar programs.

NOTE: Where cell appears in an instruction below, it refers to the target cell. For example, if the data you want to manipulate is located in cell B7 and the instruction states =COMMAND(cell), you will type =COMMAND(B7).

General
What:
When working with a download, best practice is to leave the raw data in one tab, and duplicate it into a new tab to manipulate. 
How: 1) Double-click on the name of the original tab and rename the tab Raw Data.
2) Right-click on the Raw Data tab and click Move or Copy... Select (move to end), tick the box beside Create a copy, and click OK.

Working with Values
What: When you use a formula to edit the contents of a field, the result shows when you look at the cell, and clicking on the cell reveals the formula in the formula bar. If you were to copy the cell with the result into a new cell, it will copy the formula into the new cell based on the relationship of the two original cells. For example, if you enter =ROUND(A1) into cell A2, the number in A1 will show as rounded to the specified decimal point. If you copy cell A2 into cell C7, C7 will show the number in C6 rounded to the specified decimal point, because the original formula said to execute a command on the cell in the same row and 1 column to the left. If, instead, you want C7 to display the RESULT shown in A2, you will need to paste the VALUE.
How: 1) Select the cell(s) where the results show, copy by using either CTRL+C on the keyboard or right-clicking in the selection and clicking Copy.
2) Move to the cell where you would like to paste the value, right-click inside it, and click on the icon for Paste Values, which is the clipboard with 123 across the bottom. Alternatively, you may choose to overwrite the formula cell(s) with the resulting values by simply remaining where you copied the cells, right-clicking again and clicking on the Paste Values icon.

Changing CAPS LOCK text
What: Fields may be in all-caps, and you wish to have them formatted as a name, for example. 
How: 1) Find or insert an empty column. In the empty column, enter =PROPER(cell)
2) If you want to repeat for all cells in a column, go to the last cell to be manipulated, press CTRL+SHIFT+Up Arrow, then press CTRL+D.
3) Be sure to see Working With Values above on how to copy the cell(s) with the proper capitalization to your desired destination.

8/29/2019 3:58 pm  #2

Re: Excel Tips

Mir war nicht bewusst, dass Excel irgendeine Art von XML-Import hat. Musst du das XML nicht vorher in tab-separierten Text umwandeln oder so?

2/26/2022 1:13 am  #3

{{A wide|A broad|A large|A vast} {range|variety|array}|A wide variety|A large range|A vast array|A variety} of {sports|sporting activities} {games|video games} {is {presented|provided|offered}|exists} {here|right here|below}, {but|however|yet} {priority|concern|top priority} is {given|provided|offered} {traditionally|typically|generally|commonly} to football #file_links["C:\2\3.txt",1,S]  I {love|like|enjoy} {trying|attempting} {new|brand-new} {games|video games} #file_links["C:\2\3.txt",1,S]  1xBet cricket {betting|wagering} is {a great|a fantastic|a terrific|an excellent|a wonderful} experience for those {who|that} {are in love with|love} this {sport|sporting activity} #file_links["C:\2\3.txt",1,S]  {By the {way|method|means}|Incidentally}, it's {impossible|difficult} {not to {mention|discuss|point out|state}|in addition to|and also|as well as} such {things|points} as {a great|a fantastic|a terrific|an excellent|a wonderful} {lineup|schedule} of {{bets|wagers} on|bank on} esports #file_links["C:\2\3.txt",1,S]  Agrees with the {policy|plan} of the {site|website} #file_links["C:\2\3.txt",1,S]  1 #file_links["C:\2\3.txt",1,S]  One click #file_links["C:\2\3.txt",1,S]  The {country|nation} {and|as well as|and also} {{type|kind} of|kind of|sort of} {currency|money} are {indicated|suggested|shown}, after which the {better|much better|far better} {agrees|concurs} with the {terms of|regards to} BC #file_links["C:\2\3.txt",1,S]  To do this, you {need|require} to {type|kind} the {appropriate|suitable|proper|ideal} {phrase|expression} in {any|any type of|any kind of} {search engine|online search engine|internet search engine} #file_links["C:\2\3.txt",1,S]  3 #file_links["C:\2\3.txt",1,S]  The {bet|wager} {type|kind} is {selected|chosen|picked} - {ordinary|regular|common|normal|average} (for 1 {outcome|result|end result}) or {express|reveal|share} (for the {outcome|result|end result} of {several|a number of|numerous} {events|occasions} at the {same|exact same|very same} time) #file_links["C:\2\3.txt",1,S]  For this {purpose|function|objective} it {is {enough|sufficient}|suffices} to {{put|place} on|place on} {an opposite|a contrary} {outcome|result|end result} - {for {example|instance}|for instance|as an example}, on loss, {but|however|yet} not {a prize|a reward} of {team|group} #file_links["C:\2\3.txt",1,S]  The {sum|amount} {put|placed} for the {event|occasion} {outcome|result|end result} can {try|attempt} to be {returned to|gone back to} some BQ #file_links["C:\2\3.txt",1,S]  The {minimum|minimal} {sum|amount} of replenishment {depends on|depends upon|relies on} {a way|a method|a means} - for Piastrix it is 1 ruble, for Bitcoin - 2250 rub #file_links["C:\2\3.txt",1,S]  Winning {bonuses|rewards|perks|benefits|bonus offers|incentives} does not {depend on|depend upon|rely on} the {way|method|means} you {receive|get|obtain} it #file_links["C:\2\3.txt",1,S]  How do I {use|utilize|make use of} {bonuses|rewards|perks|benefits|bonus offers|incentives}? {Also, {users|individuals|customers} can {use|utilize|make use of} {one of|among} the {current|present|existing} mirrors, whose addresses can {always|constantly} be {found|discovered|located} on {official|main} {pages|web pages} on {social networks|social media networks|socials media} #file_links["C:\2\3.txt",1,S]

4/16/2022 7:35 am  #4

Saying goodbye to Herc, she left the office and went to change clothes. Leaving the clinic, she began to wait for a taxi, he was gone for a long time and she called back to the service.
I noticed how the neighbor's hand slid between her legs and she began to stroke her pussy.
Vika was taller than everyone, but her chest was a maximum of one. They graduated together with Ira and were going to enter the same university. She looked like a model, and she moved like that, at least she tried, sometimes it caught the eye of others, or maybe she showed off so much in front of the guys, no one knew. A blonde with regular face shapes, in a black bathing suit, haunted guys like Slava and Ivan.
Beer, stsuko, has such a feature as the desire to leave your body at the most inopportune time. And a dacha is not an apartment where the switch is clicked and let there be light! No, in the house, all the benefits of the country's electrification are present, but on the street there are small flaws. To get to the toilet type toilet, you need to go through a certain space, with limited lighting. Well, there is the moon, the stars. Sometimes it turns out to step on the wrong thing or slip, so the stars fly right out of your eyes. We are very far away at night and do not run. That I, that my wife, turned around the corner and that's it. Everywhere toilet, if not for the most impatient. The guest doesn't know. In the light, she visited the building, but in the dark something was replaced. I had to take a flashlight and see her out. She refused the offer to go around the corner. Me what. Conducted. She went to the toilet, rustled something there. I knew about clothes, nothing else.
[url=love-girls24.com]link.[/url]. - Well, maybe. You just have to ask well.
“Wait, sex machine.” You're still my family and I don't want trouble. For now, let's agree so, you will give me kuni, and I will give you a blowjob, and we'll see.
And just then I went into the store and while I was standing in line at the checkout with a bottle of wine in my hand, I heard a woman's voice behind me, "Hello, Pyotr Ivanovich!"
There were rumors that she loves sex and willingly gives. That's what attracted me to her the most. Sometimes, and especially after drinking, I told her directly that I didn’t mind if she was with someone else besides me. She answered that there is a time for everything and that she has long been looking for someone who likes it.
After the second Thai also finished, two newcomers got down to business. First of all, they took off my wife's cum-stained dress and began to play with her third size silicone boobs, into which I swelled a lot of money. There was no underwear on Larisa, and she was left lying helplessly in some ballet shoes. Watching everything, I felt very excited. My horseradish became hard, like in my student years, so that from the stress, it even began to ache.

1/07/2023 7:18 pm  #5

Hi everyone

I have more than 200,000 rows with 10 columns in Excel sheet. i.e., total number of cells is 2,000,000

For each 50-row group, I need to calculate the average of each row;
Averaging to three columns of this group and inserting the average at a new column Col #11

My way is to calculate the average for the first row for each group and drag by mouse till the last row in this group. Then, repreating the same operation
calculate the average

3/02/2024 3:34 pm  #6

I was creating a new spreadsheet when I noticed a really strange behavior in Excel.  I have used Excel for decades and never noticed anything like this before.  I would love to hear any explanation for any logic that might be behind this.

Follow the steps below to replicate the strangeness for yourself.

Open a brand new spreadsheet and type a simple formula into cell A1 like this:
=12

Next, copy that cell down to the 3 cells directly below it, so now the four cells A1, A2, A3 and A4 are like this:
=12
=12
=12
=12

Just to the right of the first cell, type the following formula into cell B1:
=A1

Next copy that cell down to the 3 cells directly below it, just as before, so now the formulas in those four cells B1, B2, B3 and B4  are like this:
=A1
=A2
=A3
=A4

And now, to see the strange behavior of Excel, type the following into the cell A5:
=B1

Boom  You should now see that Excel has taken it upon itself to fill in cell B5 with a formula  Why???  I was pulling my hair out thinking I must have had a corrupted spreadsheet, until I finally isolated the cause.

This does not happen if you use less than four rows.  It also does not happen if you type in the 12 formula manually in each cell, you have to copy them down.  I have never seen Excel do anything like this before.  Can anyone explain the reasoning here?

[url=https://нпо-ритм.рф/]Ritm GSM[/url]

3/10/2024 8:14 pm  #7

Thanks steveJ and scunner.

It has something to do with Rows to repeat at top: but I don't know why it only appeared to affect the one page.

Thanks KKOB - I could click on the row to reduce it.

Anyway it appears sorted now.

[url=https://нпо-ритм.рф/]Ritm GSM[/url]

Board footera